Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Hairston Jr. should return to Yankees

I'm hoping Jerry Hairston Jr. returns to the Yanks next year. I think he's a great fit for the team, especially as Joe Girardi is going to have to rest Derek Jeter and Alex Rodriguez to keep them fresh throughout the season. As long as he doesn't ask for the moon, I think Brian Cashman should bring him back.

Eric Hinske could return too, but I think of him as less of a priority. He brings good pop to the Yankee bench, but he's a pretty one-dimensional player.

I'm less inclined to bring Jose Molina back. He's a good defensive catcher, but his lack of a decent bat puts the Yanks in a bad spot. I love what Francisco Cervelli did for the Yanks when Molina and Jorge Posada were injured and I'd like to see him get a shot as the back-up catcher.

I'd like to see Xavier Nady come back from his injury and play for the Yanks. He was a solid player after being traded to the Yanks in 2008 by the Pirates. If it wasn't for his unfortunate injury, I believe he would have made another strong contribution to the team.

Hairston Jr., Hinkse, Molina and Nady have all filed for free agency.

Thanks to Keith Allison via Wikipedia for the photo.

No comments:

Post a Comment