Monday, June 21, 2010

Melting in Arizona


I arrived in Arizona yesterday to support my New York Yankees as they play a three-game series against the Diamondbacks and I have to say that they better win this week.

I don't want to hear anymore nonsense about a dry heat. It was 104 degrees yesterday, rising to 106 degrees today and and forecast to be 112 degrees by the time I leave Phoenix on Wednesday. I'm freaking melting here.

But I thought it was important to come out and support my team here in Arizona. I'm hoping they can erase any bad karma left over from the 2001 World Series. AJ Burnett is on the mound today and after seeing CC pitch so brilliantly against the Mets, I'm hoping Mr. Erratic follows with a good game tonight. I'm also going to see Andy Pettitte pitch tomorrow and really looking forward to that one as it's the first time I'll see him live since Opening Day at Yankee Stadium.

Gotta go. It's only 85 degrees right now and apparently the best time to do some sightseeing.
Thanks to JBZA2003 via Wikipedia for the photo.


No comments:

Post a Comment