Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Go SF Giants! Sorry, Texas Rangers


Just to be clear, I'm not rooting for the San Francisco Giants to beat the Texas Rangers in the World Series just because the Rangers trounced my New York Yankees (although I wouldn't be upset if the Giants were able to avenge that loss).

I'm rooting for the Giants because I've been rooting for them through the entire playoffs (against Atlanta and especially Philadelphia). I'm rooting for the Giants because I'm rooting for the underdogs, for the misfits. Plus, I can't wait to hear what closer Brian Wilson says next. The guy is a total loon, but a lovable one.

The Rangers have to be the favorites because they have a well-rested Cliff Lee ready to pitch two, and possible three, games. Plus, the Rangers proved against the Yankees that they are masters of exploiting another team's weaknesses.

But the Giants are no pushovers, having defeated the Phillies' supposedly indestructible troika of Roy Halladay, Roy Oswalt and Cole Hamels. They play solid baseball, hit in the clutch and have their own ace in Tim Lincecum, the youngster with the weird, but effective delivery.

Can San Francisco pull it off? I hope so. Go Giants!

Thanks to Bryce_edwards and UCinternational via Wikipedia for the photo.

No comments:

Post a Comment