Friday, October 16, 2009

Pedro Martinez has a time machine


Did Pedro Martinez travel back in time for his Game 2 start in the National League Championship Series? I've always hated Martinez, thought he was a headhunter when he was with the Red Sox and couldn't get past his slamming Don Zimmer to the ground in the playoffs. I would never root for Pedro, but I did admire his performance today. The Phillies couldn't have asked for more from Martinez. He gave them every opportunity to win the game and take control of the series.


As much as I am rooting for Joe Torre to make the World Series, I could not bring myself to cheer for Vincente Padilla. The guy is a jerk, although he may have been responsible for one of the biggest contributors to the Yankee camaraderie this season when hit Mark Teixeira and a fired up Tex instigated a Yankee rally. I was glad to see the Dodgers make their comeback after he left the game so he couldn't get credit. Can you call it a comeback if it's driven by a throwing error and a bases-loaded walk? Happy to see Torre's Dodgers get the win. It would have been a steep hill to climb going down 2-0 to Philly with Cliff Lee on the mound in Game 3.


Thanks to dbking via Wikipedia for the Pedro photo.

No comments:

Post a Comment